Saturday, May 15, 2010

Women Helping Women

It was only when I embarked upon my project that I hit headwalls. And time and time again I found friends, mostly women who came forward when and where I was least expecting to help. My sisters, yes- but acquaintences who became colleagues and friends as they of their own voilitions stepped onto my plate. Today I wish to simply thank them. My sisters Renu, Meera, and Neeta for being there for me- my creative and dear friend Eve Bennett for turning my flyer golden and making it fly, Jessica Lockhart for helping to give me voice on air, Beth Marshall for so generously and sweetly donating her time to give faces on my website to the many who shared with me their thoughts, Shonna Milliken Humphrey for believing in my stories, Josephina for not accepting No from me, and so many others- friends to me and mothers to my children's friends who have time and time again stepped up on the plate to simply be there. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I love that I opened up your blog today and saw my name, among your other friends, with such nurturing words, with your thank you's. When I was a young woman I believed I was unique and separate. As I've aged I completely know that I am interconnected with everyone and everything in my experience. Patterns emerge. Each organism, idea or concept, seen and unseen is tethered by tiny filaments of one sort or another to create an extraordinary, incomprehensible system of interdependency. My job is to do my part including taking care of myself so as to honor this life system I am a part of. Because how I take care of myself has an impact on the great All. Like a great work of art with many faceted meanings,or the way a friendship develops and grows with subtlety and nuances woven into the relationship,each of us an individual part of the strong fabric that supports and sustains and defines. Thanks, Charu, for reminding me how important we all are and what profound impact we have on each others lives. You are beautiful teacher and friend!

    ReplyDelete